Acuity has worked with Stillwater Associates to model three different scenarios reflecting implementation of new IMO marine fuel rule from Jan 1, 2020, when the maximum sulphur content in bunker fuel oil has to be reduced to 0.50%. This webinar is suitable for market players who have seen relevant presentations and downloaded related papers but still have questions unanswered.
Three particular uncertainties relating to the new rule will affect sulphur production most:
- The installation rate and cost of scrubbers on marine vessels to clean the sulphur from the exhaust stream.
- Availability of alternative marine fuels. These new blends will change fuel pricing and the supply network.
- Challenges in enforcing the IMO 2020 Rule. Understand who has the authority to enforce the rule and how it will be implemented.
- Review the variables and uncertainties around IMO 2020.
- Quantify incremental sulphur production in 2020-2030 in low, base and high case scenarios; identify the regions of growth.
- Estimate the impact on dry bulk freight rates.
- Discuss the impact of the increased sulphur production related to IMO 2020.
- Analyse the drivers and restraints of the sulphur and acid markets in 2019 and 2020.
- Allow for Q&A.
Date: February 14, 2019 (Thursday)
Time: 16:00 GMT (check your time zone here)
Duration: 45 minutes
Costs: $600 per company for existing subscribers to Acuity’s market reports,
$750 per company for non-subscribers
- Attendees will receive login instructions for the webinar after remitting payments.
- Payments are accepted by credit card only. If you require an invoice or payment by credit card is not possible, please email us directly.
- Registered company will have access to the recorded webinar and receive a PDF of the presentation slides after February 14, 2019.
- If you cannot attend the webinar as scheduled, a recorded version will be available at the same rates noted above.